The new founder award will be presented at Kirkenesdagene this year as well, and it is now possible to nominate candidates you think deserve to win the award.
The prize is owned by Sør-Varanger Utvikling and Kirkenesdagene, and is awarded this year for the third year in a row. The purpose of the award is to cheer on entrepreneurs who dare to invest in their own ideas, and show the importance of new founders for business and society in general.
The prize is NOK 10,000 earmarked for the development of one's own company. The money can, for example, be used for courses and skills development, participation in a conference, business consulting or other measures the entrepreneur himself sees the need for.
Criteria for winning:
- The company must be registered in Sør-Varanger
- The company must have at least one year of operation, and can not be older than 5 years as of August 2021
- The company must be a private company, and must be able to refer to established turnover
- The company must have the potential for increased value creation and more jobs
- The entrepreneur (s) must appear as a positive role model who contributes to more people realizing their ideas
- The entrepreneur (s) behind the company must help to promote Sør-Varanger as a great place to live, live, create and run your own business
The start-up prize is awarded by a jury consisting of:
Stig Ulvang, Sør-Varanger municipality
Jenny Mikkelsen Spring, Barents Secretariat
Hedda Larsen Salbu, LO Troms and Finnmark
Find Helge Lunde, Tivoli North
Therese Alexandersen, Sparebank1 Nord-Norge
Marie J. Sommernes, Sør-Varanger Utvikling
Nominations are sent to email@example.com by 8 June 2021.